October 1, 2020
About our services
Our Services help:
- landlords and property managers (“Landlords”) manage rental properties and relationships with tenants and tenant applicants (collectively, “Tenants”) by providing digital tools that allow Landlords to quickly and easily advertise rental properties, accept lease applications, screen Tenants, enter into lease agreements, collect payments and manage Tenant communications and maintenance requests.
- Tenants find homes and manage relationships with Landlords by providing digital tools that allow Tenants to submit lease applications, enter into lease agreements, pay amounts owing to Landlords and communicate with Landlords.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The personal information we collect about Landlords and prospective Landlords (“Landlord Data”) includes name and contact information, username and password, payment card information or banking information, expense-related invoices and property documents or other information about the properties owned or managed by the Landlord. We may also offer Landlords the opportunity to provide personal or business information relating to others, such as the name, location and contact information for team members and third-party contractors.
We use Landlord Data to:
- Provide our Services or information that has been requested
- Process payments and otherwise collect amounts owing to us
- Maintain business records, enforce our agreements and detect and prevent fraud or other abuse
- Understand Landlord needs and preferences and otherwise improve our Services
- To send or serve current and prospective Landlords with tailored marketing materials, including by email or online
We may use Landlord Data for other purposes with consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
The personal information we collect about Tenants and prospective Tenant’s (“Tenant Data”) depends on how you interact with us.
To create an account as a Tenant, you only need to provide your name and email address and create a password.
Once your account has been created, you will have the opportunity to populate your profile with information and documentation that will help prospective Landlords assess your suitability as a tenant. Some of this information is mandatory – meaning that you can’t submit an application to a Landlord unless you provided it – while other information is optional. We will let you know which information is mandatory and which information is optional.
The information that you may include or upload in your profile includes:
- Name and contact information (including email address, telephone number and postal address
- Information about the type of rental property you are looking for including preferred move in date and length of stay
- Age and/or date of birth and gender
- Driver’s license number and taxpayer identification number
- Copy or photograph of a government issued identity document
- Information about your dependents that will be living with you, including their names and ages
- Information and documentation about your employment including occupation, employer name, employment type, length of employment, salary, employer/supervisor contact information, employment letter and paystub
- Information and documentation to assess your financial status including information about liabilities and copies of bank statements
- A copy of your credit report
- Information about pets including type of pet, breed and photo
- Information about your vehicle including type, make, model year, license plate number and photo
- Contact information for a co-applicant or personal reference
- Other information that you choose to provide
We use this information to maintain your profile and facilitate your interactions with Landlords and prospective Landlords, to understand your needs and preferences and to communicate with you, including to serve or send you tailored marketing messages.
You may also provide us with personal information, such as your contact information, when you reach out to us with questions or inquiries. We use this information to respond to your questions and inquiries.
We may also use Tenant Data for standard business purposes, such as maintaining business records, detecting and preventing fraud or other abuse, enforcing our agreements and to improve our Services, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Information We Collect from Your Computer or Device
We may request access to the camera, microphone, photos or files on your computer or mobile device. This allows you to upload copies or photos of documents into your profile, or to submit video or voice memos. We may also request access to location information to verify whether our Services can be offered to you and to ensue that we are providing you with relevant content.
We may also automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device when you visit our Site. This information may include your IP address (from which your general location can be inferred), browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the webpage and the webpage(s) you access (as applicable).
Disclosure of Personal Information
We use service providers to provide certain services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, marketing, analytics, information technology services and payment processing. We provide our service providers with access to personal information as necessary to provide services to us. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit government and national security agencies to access your information in certain circumstances.
We may disclose personal information to parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, financing or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the transaction.
We may disclose personal information where permitted or required by law, including to comply with a subpoena or warrant, to law enforcement in connection with an investigation, to protect our rights and the safety and security of our employees, and to enforce our agreements and collect debts owed to us.
We use the information we collect, including Landlord Data, Tenant Data and data collected automatically through tools such as cookies, to create de-identified data that cannot be associated with, or used to identify, a Tenant, Landlord or other individual. We may use and share de-identified data with third parties to market or improve products or services, create new products or services and for research purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing
We rely on one or more of the following legal grounds (as appropriate) to process personal information:
- To enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into a contract.
- To pursue our legitimate business interests in establishing, managing or concluding our relationship with you.
- Where you have consented to us processing your personal information, which consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and applicable law.
- To comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is retained as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with prudent business practices on general document retention, or as otherwise required by law.
We protect personal information using safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These safeguards may include measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. We limit access to personal information to our employees and service providers who require access in connection with their role or function. Despite these measures, since no system or security measure is completely secure, it is possible that personal information may be lost, stolen or accessed without authorization.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in those messages. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional email communications you may still receive transactional or business-related communications from us.
You may turn off push notifications at any time through your device settings.
Where personal information is processed with consent, you may (subject to contractual and legal restrictions) refuse to provide your consent, or choose to withdraw your consent, to our processing of your personal information by contacting us as described below. Note that if you refuse to consent, or withdraw your consent, to certain processing of your personal information, we may not be able to provide certain of our Services.
Access and Correction
You may request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, by writing to us as described below. Your right to access and correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. You may also have the right, in specified circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information, to request the deletion of your personal information or restrict its use, to request a copy of the information you have provided to us to use for your own purposes, or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you have any questions about these rights, please write to us as described below. We may take appropriate steps to verify your identity before providing access or making corrections.
Please direct all questions, inquiries and requests to our Chief Executive Officer at support @tenantcube.com.